The best and simplest way to keep the water in your swimming pool warmer and cleaner is by using a solar pool cover. Available in a wide range of sizes for both in ground and above ground swimming pools, these covers save a significant amount of money through these benefits:
- They lower the frequency of adding chemicals to the water
- You don’t have to replace the water in your pool as often since the water does not evaporate. This is especially relevant in summer when the pool loses water quickly as it is exposed to the sun’s intensity
- The water in the pool stays warmer
- Less time, effort and money spent in pool maintenance
- The solar pool cover keeps the pool clean as it prevents debris from getting into the pool. This means you don’t have as much cleaning to do.
- Using a cover in warm weather is especially beneficial as it prevents the loss of heat from the water in the pool
- In fall and early spring, when the weather is cool, solar pool covers keep the pool water warm
- They are suitable for both in ground and above ground pools.
Solar pool covers can be used between pool uses as they will absorb the sun’s heat and retain it under the cover, transferring the warmth to the water. When you enjoy a swim the water will be pleasantly warm thanks to the solar pool cover.
Although solar pool covers are available as manual and motor operated options, it is worth it to invest in the motorized version as it is easy to pull it on and off. Once reeled in, it can be stored out of sight when the pool is in use. You can also opt for lightweight solar pool covers that are easy to handle if you use your pool daily.
Solar pool covers are also called solar blankets and usually made from synthetic polyethylene material with air pockets or heat reflective bubbles designed to absorb and retain heat which is transferred to the water in the swimming pool. They float directly on the pool’s surface. They save on heating costs as they can raise the pool’s water temperature by as much as eight or ten degrees, which means you don’t have to be burdened with high heating bills.
Since your swimming pool is a big asset, a solar pool cover is a worthwhile and cost-effective investment to help you save on maintenance costs.