When winter approaches, it is important to protect your swimming pool in order to ensure that it is safe and ready to use when the season changes. Good maintenance in the form of a sturdy winter safety pool cover can ensure that your swimming pool can withstand the harsh weather conditions. Investing in a good quality pool cover will save you time and money, enabling you to enjoy your swimming pool for years to come.
Here are some reasons to invest in a safety pool cover:
- Safety covers protect the swimming pool during the time it is closed. This preserves the condition of the swimming pool, making it easier to reopen it for use when it is spring. This protects your investment in your property.
- Pool covers keep your family and pets safe from accidentally slipping into the pool, since the cover forms a barrier across the pool.
- With a safety pool covers you save a lot of time and effort as they are easy to use and can be removed when the pool is ready to use again.
- Using a safety cover means long term savings as these covers last for several years, recovering the cost quickly. Investing in a good quality cover is beneficial.
- When you close your pool for an extended time, it looks aesthetically more pleasing when covered neatly with a well-finished safety cover. This is not always possible with regular winter covers.
Besides the big savings on energy, you can also enjoy the following benefits from safety pool covers:
- They conserve water, saving you the hassle of making up the water level
- They lower the pool’s chemical consumption significantly
- They make it easier to keep your swimming pool clean as they keep off debris and other objects from falling into the pool
- They avoid accidents since they keep children and pets from falling into the pool
There is a wide variety of safety pool covers in the market but the basic goal of all these is to protect and seal your swimming pool from debris and intruders. Even if someone accidentally slips while walking on the deck, the cover prevents them from falling in as it can withstand substantial weight without feeling the strain. Less debris in your pool also means you don’t have to clean it as often and as much as you would need to without a cover.
Safety pool covers are available in a wide choice to suit pools of different shapes, sizes and styles, taking into account any extra water features you might have such as a fountain or a waterfall. Most covers are made of vinyl, plastic or mesh fabric. You can choose the one that suits your requirement and budget. There is also the option of installing a manual or motorized safety pool cover based on your pool size. Motorized safety covers are very convenient as they can be operated more easily than a manual fastener cover.