Many residential owners, as well as some resorts and business establishments, need a more efficient means of keeping their swimming pools in good condition. While many pool owners still use a manual pool cover, some are thinking of switching to an automatic pool cover in Hillsborough (and other areas).
If you are one of those who are considering installing an automatic pool cover for your swimming pool but are still in limbo, perhaps you should look at the following reasons why an automatic pool cover is your best bet:
When installing a pool cover, safety should never be placed as second or third reason to get one – it should always be the top consideration, especially if you have little children or pets around the house and you have a swimming pool in your backyard. Two of the greatest benefits you will get from a pool cover are safety and protection. An automatic pool cover forms an effective barrier when it covers the swimming pool, preventing little children, pets and others who cannot swim from entering the pool. It also seals all sides of the pool securely, in a way that it leaves little or no opening for the children or pets to make their way into the pool.
To be sure that the automatic pool cover you're about to purchase is rated for safety, you should look for a safety certification from the ASTM. Pool Covers, Inc.'s automatic pool covers have passed and even exceeded the ASTM safety standards for safety pool covers!
- Convenience and ease of use
A big part of the reason why automatic pool covers cost a bit is that you're paying for convenience and ease of use. A manual pool cover is cumbersome, and it takes a lot of time and effort in putting it on the pool and taking it off. You won't have to do that with an automatic pool cover – with just a push of a button or turn of a switch, you see the pool cover rolling on and off the pool. No sweat! You’ll also know the pool is covered properly each time it is rolled back on.
At the outset, purchasing and installing an automatic pool cover will cost more than you would pay with most other types of pool covers. But in the long run, you will be able to enjoy lots of savings from using an automatic pool covers.
These savings include:
- Water – You may not believe it, but evaporation is the number one cause of decreasing water levels in swimming pools. It happens when the swimming pool is left uncovered all day long – even during the evening, evaporation still occurs. It takes away your precious pool water and turns it into a vapor that drifts in the air. When you're thinking of getting an automatic pool cover, it’s recommended that you should choose a solid pool cover (not the mesh pool cover). Because there's no air gap between the solid pool cover and the surface of the water, evaporation can be slowed down (or even stopped) up to 75% - 95%! With an automatic solid pool cover, you won't have to experience evaporation and water loss in your swimming pool again.
- Use of chemicals – Using an automatic pool cover will also save you from spending too much on chemicals that are used to treat the pool water. As the pool is closed off with a pool cover, chemically treated water is not evaporated away into thin air, so the pool remains clean for a longer time.
- Energy – Many people use heaters to warm their pools for their night or early morning swim. While an automatic pool cover traps evaporation, it also traps a considerable amount of heat that would have been lost if the pool were not covered. In other words, an automatic pool cover maintains the warmth of the water. No need to use a heater – and the result is significant energy savings!
- Warranty – Automatic pool covers are made of high-quality materials and are installed in accordance to the industry safety standards. Aside from their durability, what you will also be paying for with an automatic pool cover is the warranty. A warranty proves that the company is confident in the quality of the pool covers that they make. The industry standard is one year, although some manufacturers offer a longer warranty.
- Aesthetics – The aesthetic part of an automatic pool cover is good especially if you have a beautiful backyard poolscape, but you don't want the view to be ruined by a drab-looking pool cover. Fortunately, automatic pool covers are now available in different colors and designs. When shopping for automatic pool covers, you may want to choose a color and/or design that you think will blend best with the surrounding landscape.
Having an automatic pool cover in Hillsborough installed on your swimming pool will help you enjoy great savings, provide protection for your family, and give you peace of mind. Seek only reputable automatic pool cover manufacturers in your area so that you will be able to enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits!